Monday, August 2, 2010

emphasis on the deception of therapy

Should you go to a therapist. What is the best she can offer? Personally, I go for the hired "intelligent friend" who is self-deceived into thinking that she is something more. We look together at what I do over and over again that someone might want to do less of. "Huh . . . wonder why I do that?" We say, "Can we make that relate back to your mother somehow"? Might that be something that therapy might help me stop? If consciousness of why and how I do anything, from breathing to threatening to off myself at periods of high stress, is productive, we've had a good run. We are coming up on 7 years, but she is not merely an expensive habit, she's that self deceived intelligent friend. Everyone's go to make a living.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't know how you found or why you would want to comment. Just saying . . .